Our contact details
Name: Children’s Commissioner for Wales
Phone Number: 01792 765600
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Name of school you work at or name of group you work with
- IP address
- Cookie identifiers
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you because:
– you want to register an interest in our Project Vote work;
– want to be contacted by us with more information about the project and how you could get involved.
We also have access to personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- When an individual asks to take part, they’re given the option to vote by postal vote or electronically. If they choose electronically, they’re given a unique link (URL) to be able to vote. This means we can check that an individual has only voted once. Any vote cast using that link will be recorded and stored by Snap Surveys. We could access that data, but to protect your privacy and to protect the integrity of everyone who takes part in the project, we commit to not access that data.
We use the information that you have given us in order to make contact with you about our Project Vote work.
We will share your information with two organisations:
- MailChimp, who’ll be responsible for the mailing of all content to those who have registered an interest in the project; and
- Snap Surveys, who’ll be response for sending unique links (URLs) to schools, other settings and any individual users who wish to vote electronically, to access their e-ballot paper.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on one of our dedicated secure servers.
We will keep your information for a 12-month period. We will then dispose of your information by permanently destroying all copies of the database on which your information is stored.
We will also require, via the contracts we’ll have with them, the two organisations who we’ll share your details with – MailChimp and Snap Surveys –to permanently destroy all copies of your contact details at the end of our contract with them.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or 01792 765600
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk